Sunday, November 16, 2008

American Splendor

Sporadically published since 1976, American Splendor is a series of autobiographical comics based on the life of Cleveland native Harvey Pekar. In the 1960's, Pekar gained inspiration from the work of artist Robert Crumb, who eventually became one of the artists for the comic series. Taking Pekar's everyday life as its subject matter, American Splendor tells stories about Pekar's job as a file clerk, his money problems, car troubles, health problems, and a multitude of other anxieties and awkward situations that Pekar often experiences.

Pekar gained a certain level of notoriety in the 1980's when he appeared numerous times on David Letterman's show, and his graphic novels were eventually the basis of a 2003 movie starring Paul Giamatti.

American Splendor has most recently been published by the DC Comics imprint Vertigo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good evening dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging for that meticulous make. The prices as regards the sneakers are all over 220 dollars on every site. But definitively I bring about this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the boots are all over 220 pounds on every site. But completely I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning people. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices for the sneakers are about 330 bucks everwhere. But for all I found this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what is your opinion?